Long Post Warning!
It has been awhile since I have had a chance to post my monthly favorites!
I have been dealing with a major home construction project (not my own), along with doing my regular job, and I had the honor of throwing a couples shower for my brother, and his fiancé. In the middle of that, my kids had their spring break, and my husband was offered a new job. What a whirlwind!! N and I have spent the last four years working side by side, so this is a bittersweet deal for our family. I feel so blessed to have had this time together. Owning your own business can be challenging, and I feel that we have both grown so much from this process. I will never forget this crazy adventure. As our week comes to an end, we took some time today to go for a long walk on the beach. We feel so lucky to have a life filled with so much love.
Here are a few pics from the recent couples shower. If you live in the San Diego area, and ever need a caterer for a fiesta, be sure to call the San Diego Taco Company. My mom and I visited their fun restaurant, Salud, before making our final decision. The process was seamless from start to finish, and the food was AMAZING!! Everything from the tortillas chips, to the churros, were made from scratch on site. Don’t miss their fish tacos and Mexican Corn!
Now for my favorite product finds………
1 & 2. Mac Nymphette- I stopped by the Mac counter to pick up a refill on my mascara. I ended up leaving with this perfect summer gloss. I love the combo of the pink and shimmery gold. It is very sheer, and could easily be layered over your favorite nude lip color.
3. Mario Badescu Glycolic Skin Renewal Complex– A few month ago I received large size samples of a few Mario B products. I am completely hooked. This is a lightweight moisturizer. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and nourished.
4. Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream– A great daily moisturizer for the under eye area. It’s not too greasy, yet really moisturizing. I notice that my under eye concealer does not settle into my lines as much with this product.
5. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum– I use this every other night after washing my face. The combo of these three products has really changed my skin. I feel much more confident in how my skin looks and feels, especially without a drop of make-up on. Now that I am closer to 40 rather than 30, having the right skin care routine is something I am constantly on the hunt for.
6. Mac Technokohl Eyeliner in Brass Band– The perfect bronzy-gold eyeliner. I love to use this on my bottom lash line to brighten up the eye area.
7. Loreal Total Repair 5 Extraordinary Oil– I recently had my hair done with an ombre hair color look. I needed a nourishing product to put on my hair every morning to protect it from the elements. This product is fabulous!! I went out and bought the shampoo and conditioner in the line as well. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!
8. If you haven’t noticed, Birkenstocks have made a comeback in a huge way. I love this combination of the floral print on a comfortable shoe. I have gotten a ton of compliments on these, and I love that they were $24.99 vs. $100 that one would pay for the Birkenstock brand. You can find them here.
9. Maybelline Brow Drama– Sometimes I find that an eyebrow pencil looks too unnatural on me. I love this drugstore find. It adds a bit of color, and controls my wild brows. Perfect for an everyday natural look.
10. Mac Haute and Naughty Mascara– This Mascara rocks! It comes with two wands, to create two different looks. The smaller wand is great for everyday wear, and the larger creates that dramatic evening look. What a fun concept! I always get sucked in at the Mac counter!!
11. Chicos So Slimming Black Jeggings-I know how some of you feel about Chicos. It is the total mom brand. I have to say that had my mom shops here, and had it not have been for her, I would not have entered the store. That being said, I continue to find my favorite “mom” jeans there. The So Slimming line is my fav! They have created the perfect slim fitting jeans for me! These are perfect for the days when you need to have a bit more of a polished look. You won’t understand unless you go check them out for yourself. Go ahead! I dare you!
12. Chicos So Slimming Girlfriend Jeans– Same deal. These come in so many fun colors, and look great with your favorite converse or sandals. I am hooked!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!