SO I celebrated my 38th Birthday last week. What a great day!! I feel so loved. It means so much when people take time out of their busy lives to let me know they are thinking of me. I felt completely spoiled!
I spent the entire day (and the night before) eating!! In fact my grandmother and mom took me out to lunch and surprised me with an entire cake. If you live in San Diego, you must try Michele Coulon. Her cakes are to die for!!
My cake happened to be a banana cake with the best cream cheese frosting in this world.
While having lunch there, I noticed all of the adorable Valentine Decor. My mom and I decided to re-create one of the ideas with B and M. I love kid-friendly crafts, especially the kind where you can really let them do their own thing.
I have officially become one of those moms who decorates for every holiday.
This year we picked up these super cute Valentines from Target. They do take a little bit of work, but are so worth it.
M had to add a personalized message to each of his Valentines. My super creative husband, tied a string with a banner message coming off the back of the plane. I completely forgot to take final pics of everything!
Next we made these hanging hearts
They look fabulous with a little light coming through them as well.
You will need:
-Cardboard Heart shapes
1. Cut your heart shapes for tracing.
2. Shave your crayons onto wax paper.
3. Fold wax paper in half over shavings.
4. Place parchment paper over wax paper, and iron to melt crayons.
5. Repeat with several sheets, and let them cool before cutting.
6. Trace your cardboard hearts onto the wax paper, and cut the shapes out.
7. Use your hole punch, and punch out a spot for the ribbon.
8. String your ribbon through. I used different lengths for each heart.
9. Hang all of your hearts on one long piece of ribbon. Mine has about 15 hearts on it, and hangs across my fireplace. It is completely customizable.
I love how much it brightens up our family room, and feels quite festive!