I love to wake up early, before anyone else in my house. It is so quiet.
Drinking hot coffee while reading through my latest issue of Food Network Magazine is pure bliss. Kind of like having the chance to walk through Target, alone, while drinking Starbucks, and having no time limit.
This month has been a whirlwind! I am ready for the Chinese New Year on February 1st! There have been many ups and downs, and a lot of time spent on re-evaluating what is really important in one’s life.
SO, moving on to February, I am looking forward to so many fun upcoming dates!
Here is the list of my favorite things in January:
1. Izzy B Designs- Love the colors and design on this fun pillow. N made this for my sweet B. More on this company at a further date…
2. American Sniper- What an emotional roller coaster. I was squeezing N’s leg the whole time. See it!
3. Old Navy Flannel Button Down- This cozy shirt has been my go to. I love the white and grey combo, the feel is super soft after you wash, and there is minimal shrinkage. I believe this shirt is on sale for $16.97 online right now.
4. Wild by Cheryl Strayed- I am reading this book right now. Life takes us all on so many different journeys……
5. Kale Sweet Potato Salad- A Pinterest recipe from Pinch of Yum. I am not a huge fan of Kale (there I said it), but this salad has so many wonderful flavors! I love the combo of almond butter, honey, and fresh squeezed orange in the dressing. I chose to swap out walnuts for pecans. Enjoy!
6. Palate Nail Polish in Blueberry Cobbler– This was also a gift from my mama. What a fun color! I love that this polish is small batch and 5-free, excluding the toxic chemicals: toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde resin and camphor. It is also vegan and never tested on animals.
7. Columbia Take it to the streets trench- This coat is on sale right now from $175 to $59.98. Even in San Diego I need a coat in the winter. This one has been my go to on chilly or rainy days. It is cozy fleece lined, and water resistant.
8. Creamy chicken soup recipe- I had nasal and sinus surgery earlier this month. All I craved during my recovery was this soup, with wheat toast. I made a huge batch before my surgery, and was so sad when we ran out. My sweet husband made me another pot of this delicious soup! You can find the recipe here.
9. House of Cards- N tried to convince me to watch this show on Netflix when it first came out. I had a hard time getting into it. While I was in bed for a week after my surgery, I took up binge watching House of Cards. Now I am hooked, and can’t wait for the new season coming out in February! If you like shows based on sick and twisted politics, you will love this one!
10. Sorel Scotia Boots– Love wearing these boots with slim fit jeans. They fit roomy at the top, and look cute over jeans.
11. Converse White Shoreline Sneakers- I had been eyeing these for a long time! I love that they are different from the typical white converse. They have an elastic band around the heel, making them easy to slip on. Perfect for wearing with all the cute boyfriend fit jeans out there.
12. Flowerbomb Perfume-A Christmas gift from N, and the kids. Love when they all decide together that this would be a great scent for me.:) While this is a floral scent, it is not too strong, and feels sweet and sexy at the same time.
13 & 14. Betsy and Iya Ring- A gift from my mama. Love the feel of this Portland shop! One of my new favorite stops when visiting. They carry so many handmade unique jewelry designs. I love their use of different metals throughout all of their designs.
15 & 16. Flash Temporary Tattoos- Such a fun idea. You are never too old for fun! Great little addition to any outfit.
17 & 18 & 19. Cover Girl Lip Lava– I have this gloss in Lava Luster, which is shown in my pic. You know by now that I am always looking for great lip glosses and lip balms. These colors have a lot of pigment to them, and even though they look shimmery, there is no tacky or gritty, glitter feel.
Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!