Hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend! We had a great time celebrating with friends this year! Maybe we had too great of a time, because I ended up with my first icky cold of the season. I thought I would start something new, by coming up with my favorite things of the month.
October was filled with work and family activities, not much time left for shopping. I am sure I will have plenty of time to make up for it with Christmas coming. My emails have been filled with all of the latest party looks. Sequins and all things sparkly, are a requirement when dressing for the holidays. More on that later, for now here is the list of my October favs in no particular order.
1. Yogun Fruz- I LOVE this frozen yogurt place. It is located inside the UTC mall, and at hundreds of other locations all over the world. If you really want to try something decadent there, have the Strawberry Cheesecake. At 170 calories, it is a treat that won’t put you over the edge.
2. Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum- I used to be of the mindset, that if it is expensive it must work better, and contain more effective ingredients. In some cases that is still true, but most often you are paying for the brand name recognition. After speaking in great lengths with my dermatologist and reading many brand reviews, I am trying a new approach when it comes to skin care. I often read reviews on a website called Paula’s Choice. It contains the pros and cons to almost every line of cosmetics and skin care existing today. I need a product that smooths fine lines, and evens out skin tone. This product has been great! I use it under my moisturizer morning and night.
3. Yes to Coconut Restoring balm- Smells amazing! I use this product on everything from dry cuticles to chapped lips. Great for kids! All natural too!
4. Homeland- If you haven’t watched this yet, begin binge viewing. Love my Sunday nights!
5. One of my dear friends gave me this gift for “helping out” at her daughter’s birthday party. If you call helping out, hanging with friends and eating the most delicious cake, I lived up to my end of the deal. P is my dearest friend. She is so kind, and generous, and always lives life to the fullest. I truly admire her adventurous spirit! This is her “scent”. It is called Kuumba Persian Garden. You can find it at Whole Foods. This is her favorite thing that is quickly becoming a favorite of mine as well!
6. Mac Russian Red- The perfect red lipstick, enough said.
7. Mac lip liner in Brick- The perfect liner for the perfect red lips.
8. Vinylux in Overtly Onyx- Love this charcoal grey shimmery color!
9. Ali Oesch Jewelry– This has been my go to necklace for years. It can be wrapped several times, and I love that it is two-toned. Ali Oesch was my go to for gifts, and the perfect piece of jewelry, when I lived in South Bend. I wish she was in San Diego!!
10. Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Candle- Love the way this candle smells. You can’t go wrong with any fall scented candle from B & B!
11. Apple Pumpkin butter- I made this recipe the other day. It will make your house smell AMAZING! I kept some for me, and gave a few jars out as gifts. I have been putting it on toast, oatmeal, and yogurt, as well as eating it by the spoonfuls! You can find the recipe here.
12. Monogrammed make-up bag- I received this as a gift last for Christmas last year. You can find something similar here. The monogram adds that special something.
12. Hair Crimper- Taking it way back with this one. I hold on to things for that “when you might need it” moment. This big wave crimper is perfect for the “big hair” look. I happened to need it twice this month! You never know when you may need to bring the crimper out!
13. Trader Joes Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix- Enough said!
14. Bright Side by Kim Holden- A touching story that makes you think about how you want to live your life. Thanks A for making me read this!
15. Yes to Grapefruit Face scrub- Daily face scrub that is not too abrasive, smells amazing, and gets rid of dry dead skin.
16. Noosa Pumpkin yogurt Seriously the best! I will be sad when this is not in season. Find it! Try it!
17. Band Body Wild Madagascar Vanilla Lotion- Warm and sultry Vanilla scented lotion. Great for this time of year!
18. Mac eye liner in Industry- The perfect smokey charcoal grey, easy to smudge, but stays put!
Hope you Enjoy!
P.S. If you enjoy reading my blog, and would like to receive this in your Inbox, you can subscribe by clicking on the “follow” button on the left-hand side of my blog. Thanks in advance!