“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I have learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.
– Gilda Radner
Life is full of joy and heartache, and I feel that as of late my balance has been a little off kilter. Listening to the news, hearing stories of sadness and hurt from people I love, really thinking about the world my children are growing up in. These feelings begin to consume me, and I end up diving into this world of negativity. To pull myself out, and focus on the positives, I am creating this blog. This process is GIANT step out of my comfort zone.
I hope to share not only my favorite beauty products, and latest fashion finds, but also great recipes, and anecdotes, as well as lifestyle ideas. Thanks for taking the time to read my words. I am looking forward to taking you all on my journey…..
Here is a little bit about me and my favorite things in life in no particular order:
1. I love to laugh, not just a chuckle, a full on snort til you can’t breath kind of laugh. I especially love the moments when it’s inappropriate to laugh, and it just bellows out of you.
2. I love silly movies, especially when the characters embarrass themselves, I almost can’t stand it! Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore is one of my favs.
3. I love my family. Sometimes I look at our two children, and I can’t believe they are an extension of us. I am always fearful of doing something that will screw them up forever.
4. I love Pinterest. I hop on before making my grocery list every week to see what new recipes I can incorporate into our family dinners.
5. I love going to the movies. My husband and I used to go every Sunday before having children, now we go as often as time allows.
6. I love the slight change in smell and temperature right before the season changes.
7. I love planning a trip, anywhere! I love having future travel plans on the calendar! On a side note I love buying all of my favorite magazines, and catching up on the latest while flying.
8. I love it that my kids want me to sing to them every night. I know someday they won’t, which is why it is such a lovely experience now.
9. I love my brother. He truly is one of my favorite people on this earth. He makes me snort laugh every time I see him.
10. I love music. I especially love long road trips, when I can pretend to be an awesome singer (or rapper). Music has the ability to take me to an exact time period, place, and feeling.
11. I love going shopping with my mama. It has always been our time together. She is the only person who really gets my shopping “style”.
12. I love my best girl friends. There are a few that I truly cherish, and can talk to about anything and everything. It is so hard to find a friend that you can actually be yourself with.
13. I love going to the beach. There is nothing more perfect than a day a beach, kids playing in the sand, and a dip in the ocean.
14. I love holiday traditions. My parents did such a wonderful job of creating lasting memories and traditions that are now part of our children’s lives.
15. I love getting dressed up for a fun event. Anything that gives me the chance to wear false eyelashes and wear more make-up than what is usually acceptable.
16. I love our rescue dog. I NEVER wanted another dog. She chose our family, and I am thankful everyday that she did.
17. I love doing mosaics. It is my fun hobby that has turned into something I am not too bad at.
18. I love long dinners at fun, lively restaurants.
19. I love that I married a man that makes loving his children a priority in his life everyday.
20. I love my life. I definitely do not have it all figured out. There is one thing I know for sure, and that is that I am so grateful for the life I have been given, even on the worst days.